Whole Wheat Brownies
Ok. So brownies are usually not the healthiest idea I agree…. but when I saw this recipe I felt the urge to share and hopefully you can make it and share.
Yield: 14 – 16 SMALL BROWNIE SQUARES
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, you will have much better results if you use “dark” cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9X9 inch square glass baking dish with oil or unsalted butter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl including the flour, cocoa and baking powder and set aside.
- In a small pot on the stove melt the coconut oil together with the honey and vanilla extract.
- Once the coconut oil is melted mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the egg and keep whisking until it’s mixed together thoroughly. If using nuts fold them into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the glass baking dish and bake for 16 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.